“A cooperative is an autonomous association of people united voluntarily to meet their common needs and aspirations through a jointly owned and democratically controlled business.”
International Cooperative Alliance
What is Coopérative Boréal?
The first business of its kind at the collegial level outside Quebec, Boréal’s coop manages various food services at the college. It also votes on decisions taken by the Board of Directors. Students and staff coop members get discounts on products and services. Students can also work part time for the coop during the academic year.
Established in 1995 by Boréal administrators and incorporated in 1996, Boréal’s coop now has over 7,900 members!
Serve Boréal students and the francophone population of Ontario according to cooperative values and principles.
Maintain competitive prices in each sector while ensuring the profitability of the business.
Support Boréal student initiatives as learning and fundraising opportunities.
Create employment opportunities for Boréal students.
Create partnerships with other organizations and cooperatives to offer additional benefits to students and community members.
Board of directors
- Chair : Claudette Goulard
- Vice-chair : Natalie Noel
- Secretary : Louise Landry
- Student administrator : Sarah Kazadi
- Student administrator : Mohamed Diarra
- Student administrator : Liamine Diop
- Administrator : Jean Cotnoir
- Administrator : Denise Perras
- Administrator : Benoit Bonin
- Administrator : Sophie Gingras
- Administrator : Lynn Moncion
- Administrator : Lizette Laurenzi